On Cloud Nine!!

He's been trying for the past 6 years; it just intensified last year, when he asked me out no less than 8 times! Every single time, there was something else for me to do... But when he asked me out on 4th August 2006 again, I thought, well this is a hopeless cause...let me at least go out with him...And that's how I ended up falling in love! What began as dislike ended up this way- all because of an evening out...
Well, it was the day when I was returning to university - to a country away from my home, away from my loving parents, away from my best friend - my sis and away from my homeland...So you can imagine what I was going through...And that's when I saw him - sitting next to me and comforting me all along the journey...
You must be wondering - "Hey! She just told me that he'd asked her out many times before and now she's saying she saw him ... as though for the first time!" But yeah! That was the first time I really saw him - saw who he was, what he did and what he meant...
Anyways, there was the initial awkwardness as I pecked on his cheek but it was washed away with some coke and peanuts as we got talking and I must say about really weird things! We moved on from angels and castles to Ganesha and Amu's kozhakatais!! It was as if with him, I could be myself and talk about things I really like or things that have really affected me and all along, he seemed to be reflecting my exact thoughts on every subject!! With all this rapport building, I had even forgotten the spectacle he'd promised me before dinner...
But it was BEAUTIFUL! With the vast expanse of the Indian ocean guarding me on the sides, with him as my aide, I saw it - the wonderful sunset! And not just any sunset - one which reflected that we live in a round world!! Behind me I could see the glorious sun, just setting and ahead of me darkness was already enveloping the lands ... It left me awestruck!I think that was the moment when I was lovestruck - and this fact made dinner a very enjoyable affair!
But finally it was time to land and get back to reality from the wonderful dreams as they seemed... And as he brushed against my cheeks I suddenly felt sad...to be going away from him...
And then as I walked out of the airport towards my university - I looked up at his vast, dark expanse and said...Soon again my love!!

1 comment:

Archun said...

haha! that's what I intented it to be!! you're just a great reader lau!! I just can't wait to read your blog!!