Morning colours!

"The dawn is breakin'
Its early morn..."
Quoted from one of my favourite John Denver songs, these are golden words! What is so special about mornings? You know, when I shifted from school life in Chennai to a uni life in NUS, the environment suddenly became conducive for late-night and late-morning activities - Despite this, I didn't give up on my habit of being up early.... Many people wonder and express awe at the fact that I - a hostellite, in NUS, - am up by 5 30 in the morning every day; A grunt granted if I say I go to bed early, but there's always a slightly disbelieving look that never leaves! After talking to my cousin brother in Banglore who emphasized this by saying - "Archun! You're in hostel da! We guys here sleep at around 2!" I really began wondering, why am I the odd one out?
And so, the introspection began! Well, firstly, I've generally been an early riser - what with several tuitions and school starting early in the morning, I would always be up at 5 30, no matter what! But several of my friends, who were like me, came here and began working late into the night! And that led me to the truth - I like getting up early!
Once I realized this, I thought - why? I wasn't getting any cooler, was I ? But then it struck me on the face! Every morning I get up, turn on the light and thank God for yesterday, and pray for a good one today - and once I open the blinds do you know what I see?

The dawn is breakin'
Its early morn...
The birds are chirpin'
The darkness gone...
Already, I'm so happy that I could laugh!
So kiss me, oh gentle breeze...
And smile for me, you rising Sun...
Tell me, that'll you be like this all day...
Blowing and burning all my fears away...
Wrap me in your arms
And hold me....
Like you'll never let me go...

What a wonderful way to begin everyday right? I love my parents for inculcating this early-rising habit in me! It makes me appreciate how beautiful life can be - and how happy you can be when you appreciate that!!



No comments: